Ensure a strong conservation voice is heard during the legislative session. Join us on January 30th for this year’s Conservation Lobby Day.
Every year, Virginia Conservation Network’s 100+ environmental organizations come together to ensure a strong conservation voice is heard during the legislative session. Volunteer advocates join professional staff to meet with state legislators and encourage them to support strong conservation policy.
* Speakers Announced *
In addition to lobbying our legislators, each Lobby Day we are joined by champion lawmakers to inspire and kick off our day over breakfast and a keynote speaker over lunch.
This year’s lobby day we will be joined by:
– Breakfast Kick-Off: Senator Lynwood Lewis, sponsor of the Coastal Protection Act, a bill to reduce carbon pollution and protect communities from sea-level rise. Senator Scott Surovell and Delegate Jennifer Carroll Foy, sponsors of the companion bills to remove toxic coal ash from the banks of our rivers and streams.
– Lunch Time Panel Discussion: Deputy Secretary of Natural Resources Joshua Saks, Deputy Secretary of Natural Resources for the Chesapeake Bay Ann Jennings, and Deputy Director of the Department of Environmental Quality, Chris Bast will join us for a discussion on shared natural resources budget priorities.
* Pre-Event Webinar / Issue Briefing *
All levels of experience are welcome & encouraged to attend. In preparation for Conservation Lobby Day, VCN hosts an exclusive pre-event webinar to give you all the tools you need to be a successful conservation advocate – whether this is your first or 50th lobby day.
The webinar will cover the top environmental issues facing the General Assembly in 2019 including:
– Achieving Safe and Responsible Closure of Coal Ash Ponds
– Fighting Climate Change by Joining the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI)
– Securing Funding in the Budget for our Conservation Priorities – from cleaning up our rivers to protecting our farmlands / landscapes
– Breaking Down Barriers to Small-Scale Solar
– Achieving Fair Redistricting
– And more…
* Register Today *
There is a lot at stake this year. Don’t miss out. Register today!
In addition to the program, registration includes coffee, light breakfast, and lunch at the event. Attendees will also receive a copy of the 2019 Environmental Briefing Book.
Who: You and all your friends and family who interested in learning about and supporting conservation efforts.
What: Virginia Conversation Network’s annual lobby day where 100+ environmental organizations united to ensure the conservation voice is heard loud and clear during this year’s legislative session.
When: Wednesday, January 30, 2019 7:30am – 2:00pm.
Where: Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown,
555 E Canal st, Richmond, Virginia 23219